Friday, June 12, 2009

Lord Stanley spits on Marian Hossa

Man, the fans in Detroit are really classy. Booing during the entire trophy ceremony after getting out played in the Stanley Cup Final. Real classy. What a nice city. They booed Mario Lemieux. Enough said.

My man Mad Max Talbot was the scoring hero, Jordan Staal and Chris Kunitz were great. Marc Andre Fluery was other wordly. (The final diving save with 3 seconds left was a career highlight. And it made my heart stop for a very dangerous 4 or 5 seconds). The defense played fantastic yet again. And somehow we won a game in Detroit where we only scored twice and Sid the Kid didn't even play after the 5 minute mark in the second. A complete team effort for the Pens, completely deserving World Champs. (The infamous "Gary Slam" still lives. Steelers, Heels, Pens all Champs, now we need a Pirate miracle, which is as likely as Dick Cheney apologizing for the last eight years)

Best part is Marian Hossa loses the Stanley Cup year two. Take that traitor. You wanted a chance to win the Stanley Cup? Ha! You walked out on one. Enjoy the losers lockerroom yet again.

Basketball game last night was horribly painful by contrast. Magic had it and either needed to hit a 15 foot jumper with a minute left or a free throw with 11 seconds left. Yeah, missed 'em all. One name comes to mind here, Nick Anderson. Now the series is over and the rest is just a formality. My money is on Lakers in 6 in LA, but I wouldn't be shocked if they won Sunday and celebrated in Orlando instead. I would be suprised if this series went to Game 7, but since the Magic should have won either game 2 or game 4 its not totally out of the question that they could win 2 in a row. Wait, who am I kidding. Yes it is, this one ends before Wednesday no matter what.

I survived my first full week of work this week. But today was pretty tough. I spent 7 hours scanning historic photographs into photoshop and annotating them. Horribly monotonous. I am beginning to feel much more comfortable in the office and people now know my name and I know them, but it helps that many of my interactions are very near signs bearing their names.

Lord knows what I am going to do this weekend. But I plan on buying a basketball, getting my hair cut and doing some laundry. I live a humble lifestyle, what can I say.

I have an idea for pictures coming up here. A segment I will call guess the time of day, where I will take pictures of the endless sun and you readers can guess the time of day. The winner gets my endless respect, but really it will give me something to do and you guys something to comment on. So look forward to that.

And for the love of all things right in the world, Go, Magic (stop choking).

1 comment: