Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another day, another guy with no teeth

Unfortunately my free internet no longer exists. Now I'm paying for this mess. To quote the great Olgierd Mihal Pucilowski II (aka Junior), "F*ck that noise."

But this week is going good so far. No bike crashes and sadly no new pics. But I do have new followers on the blog! So that's dope. Hey, Jane!

Tonight's hockey game was ri-dic-u-lous. What a game. For those of you who don't care about about Canada's game, tonight's showdown would have convinced you. Especially if you were at the bar with me and Zeb sitting next to this guy bald guy with a big ol' chin beard missing one of his front banging on the bar. Why do I go to these dive bars, you ask? This time I didn't! It was one of the classier bars in the city with 25 beers on tap. There are just people literally everywhere with dental issues. Combine that with the average hockey crowd and you bound to get someone witha few gaps in their smile.

But back to the game. Fantastic. Marc Andre-Fluery was absurd and the team defense was great all the way through. And the last 8 minutes were as intense as playoff hockey gets. So tune in Friday for Game 7.

Basketball game was pretty good too. But can someone do me a favor and make either Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard go left. Here is the real story though. The Magic lost game 2 with JJ Redick on the floor at crunch time. Game 3: Magic win with no Redick when the game mattered. Phewf.

Tonight was also the second time in the playoffs Kobe has been stripped by a big coming off a pick and roll in the final minute. Last time it was Nené this time it was Dwight Howard. Both good defenders, but niether of have any business stripping Kobe of the rock. I'm sure Kobe will drop 40 or 50 in Game 4 and pretty much seal the series, so it's not that big of a deal. Just pointing it out.

But the Magic did look like they could win a few more games, the way their offense clicked tonight. They could have/should have won Game 2 (way to go Courtney Lee) and they have two more games at home. So, to state the painfully obvious and the type of thing I would murder a TV analyst for saying, this one is far from over.

Oh, and before I forget. NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayberry tested positive for METH! Crank, y'all, crank. This is bad. In case I had any respect for NASCAR this gives me more than enough reason to disrespect it forever. You think HGH in basebal is bad. METH and a high speed car race is far worse.

Work wise things are going good. Finishing up my draft tomorrow and working on the relatively difficult citation stuff. Unfortunately my boss is going on a site visit to Kennecott so she told me that if I get stuck I can work on this box full of scanning photos and maps and putting them into an Excel spread sheet. Sounds like a very rough way to spend eight hours.

Also I met two other interns who work on my floor. They work in the department on the other side, but that doesn't make them any less of students. They go to the University of Cincinatti and work as architects/engineers. They seem like cool guys and it's great just to meet other young people in similar situations as myself. Another intern in my department starts Monday morning. I already resent her because she has a cubicle with a window, but I'll try not to hold it against her considering she will only be the fourth kid I know in the city. Really I'm just happy to not be the new guy.

That's all I got. Peace

2 comments:

  1. So Mike, how's your "archive-speak"? Sounds like you just deal with pencil pushers- If you need any snotty euphemisms that are sure to impress the scientific preservationists, you just let me know-

    I love your attention to dental detail-keep up the great reportage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just had my first pencil only experience this afternoon. But the world of history nerds is so ridiculous. The main people I need to impress are architecture buffs so if you know about shiplap siding or beveled roofs and cornices and false fronts then please help me out. Because other than throwing around bs terms. I got nothing. Glad you're a reader. I am honored and semi-embarassed. Stay tuned for more glad you are at least pretending to like it.

    ReplyDelete